Apparently I bought way too many book more than I could read. So these following books made a trip with me to 2013 in my reading list priority. In particular order, but categorize in genre, here they are:
Contemporary fiction with deep issue
1. Susan Wilson - One Good Dog
The story about a man who lost almost everything and a dog raised to fight and how their friendship grow and heal.
2. Jodi Piccoult- A Change of Heart
About a criminal faced with death trial and want to make ammend to his victim who need an organ donor.
3. Lisa Genova - Love Anthony (motherhood and autism)
4. Sarah Jio- Blackberry Winter
story about a mother's strugle after her child went missing)
5. Jodi Piccoult - Sing You Home (gay marriage and and gay parenthood)
6. Beth Hoffman - Saving CeeCee Honeycutt
(A journey of a young girl who lost her mother but finds many others)
7. Louise Eldrich- The Round House (mystry crime novel with a touch of racial issue
8. Lionel Shriver- We Need to Talk About Kevin
(story about mother whose child murder other children)
And now for chicklits, books equivalent for chick-flick (romance-comedy) or as I Call it just some silly story about a woman, heartwarming friendship and flirty romance with happy ending that make you feel good and turn in poodles of goo :)
here is my chicklit to read:
1. Alexandra Potter- Dont You Forget About Me
new year's wish gone awry, sounds fun
2. Jill Mansell- Mixed Doubles
Another chicklit about new year's resolutions
3. Melissa Hill - Something from Tiffany
two men bought a gift from Tiffany , but the brought back the wrong gift
4. Whitney Gaskell- She, Myself, and I
three sisters, divorce parent, underwear and hilarity ensues
5. Sarah Webb - The Shoestring Club
Four girls, one remarkable dress and an extraordinary friendship
6. Tracy Brogan - Crazy Little Thing
Love found you in unlikeliest place and time :D
7. Julie James - Love Irresistibly
On my to-buy list, expected publication on April 2nd
8. Melissa Senate - The Love Goddess' Cooking School
A romance and friendship with Italian dish, yummies!!!
9. Jennifer Crucie- Crazy For You
Who knows that adopting a stray dog can change your (boring) life?
10. Cecilia Ahern- Thanks for the memory
a memory of someone else? This sound like one of drama I watched years ago
11. Kristan Higgins- Just One of The Guys
Just like the title said, just one of the guys
Historical romance (just like chicklit, but in historical era setting)
1. Carolyn Jewel- Scandal
2. Mary Jo Putney - The Rake
3. Lisa Kleypas- Then Came You
4. Lisa Kleypas-Dreaming of You
5. Julie Anne Long- What I Did For a Duke
Hmm, I know that was quite a list.It would be plesant to read all those books though :)
I shouldn't restraint myself from buy new books ....
My mood: very cheerful
Lately, I’ve been feeling a little off. Each day I’ve became lazier and unmotivated and I disliked it. I want to feel fresh again and being productive. So I set 21 days challenge for myself. This chalenge would begining on this Monday, June 24th. Why 21 days? Because it’s believed that you need at least 21 days to establish new habit in your life. And these are the habits that I want incorporate in my days:
I used to wake up at 4 am sharp but now it seems harder to say adios to the comfort and warmth of my bed. Now I even can’t bring myself “really” wake up at 6, I just want to sleep in or just lie there doing nothing.
So my first chalenge is to get up at 5.45 am. No more sleeping in, no more “I just want to close my eyes for 15 minute,” no more “...but it’s still cold.” Just rise and shine, baby.
Second challenge is doing short morning yoga sequences and it dovetail well with my first challenge, to rise early. You know while our brain wake up, sometimes our muscle still bit sleepy, and that is why morning exercise really recommended to warm up your whole body and prepare it for long day ahead. I already practice daily yoga before, and I find that it makes me feel energized and more focused for the day. I think it’s time to doing it again.
I still haven’t got this whole meditation thing, I never can indulge myself to deep relaxation and completely shut outside noise. There are a lot of proof indicated that meditation is good for health, so I want to give it a try and keep practicing it.
I’m going to write more, probably won’t post it to EP, but I will try to write something each evening just for brain dump.
So those are my goals for 21 days challenge. I would start this Monday and I will update this blog to track progress every weekend. If you like to join or maybe you have 21 days challenge on your own, let me know. We can do our challenge together and support each other. It would be more fun
I didn’t introduce myself properly before, so here 10 things about me:
1. I love purple, Its obvious from my EP name, not sure about charming part, though
2. I live in Indonesia. You know the last country, Elizabeth Gilbert travelled to in Eat, Pray, and Love, where she find her love. No idea? Okay it’s the big archipelagic states near Australia. Still no idea? All right, just google it then.
3. I don’t have boyfriend and not looking for one. So if that’s what you have in mind, back off!
4. I used to think I’m ugly, but now I know better. Beauty is not about looks, it’s about how you treat yourself and others
5. I smile a lot, even to stranger. It sort of habit to me and I encouraged people to do so. World could use more friendly faces, don’t you think?
6. I’m pretty much open minded, but there are few things I wouldn’t dicuss and cyber-sex, cam-sex, sext, or whatever they called it, are on the top of the list I wouldn’t ike to discuss. Period.
7. I don’t take arrogant, selfish, and rude people seriously. Too bad, I know too many of those kind.
8. I admit I like Justin Bieber’s song just fine but I find his fan-worship is ridiculous.
9. Contradicted to my point above, I do have some celebrity crushes (I’m a girl, its our thing). My recent crush is Ronan Farrow, who according his twitter is a writer, human right lawyer and diplomat, curenttly serving as Special Adviser for Global Yout Issues for State’s Departement, now also Rhodes Scholars, and only 24. Seems humble and compassioate person. Watch out USA, he may be aim for president in 12 years.
(Oh he’s Woody Allen kid, and his brother in law? Errr no wonder poor thing hate his daddy)
10. Last but not least, I wish you all happy new year, guys.I have fun here in EP, lots of nice and entertaining friends. Let's start 2012 with the bang :)
Previous PostsMy reading List for 2013, posted December 30th, 2012
21 days challenge, posted June 22nd, 2012
Intoduction, posted December 30th, 2011, 3 comments
BlogrollHere are some friends' blogs...
HelpEmbed Photos Embed Videos