My reading List for 2013 | charmingpurple's Blog
Apparently I bought way too many book more than I could read. So these following books made a trip with me to 2013 in my reading list priority. In particular order, but categorize in genre, here they are:
Contemporary fiction with deep issue
1. Susan Wilson - One Good Dog
The story about a man who lost almost everything and a dog raised to fight and how their friendship grow and heal.
2. Jodi Piccoult- A Change of Heart
About a criminal faced with death trial and want to make ammend to his victim who need an organ donor.
3. Lisa Genova - Love Anthony (motherhood and autism)
4. Sarah Jio- Blackberry Winter
story about a mother's strugle after her child went missing)
5. Jodi Piccoult - Sing You Home (gay marriage and and gay parenthood)
6. Beth Hoffman - Saving CeeCee Honeycutt
(A journey of a young girl who lost her mother but finds many others)
7. Louise Eldrich- The Round House (mystry crime novel with a touch of racial issue
8. Lionel Shriver- We Need to Talk About Kevin
(story about mother whose child murder other children)
And now for chicklits, books equivalent for chick-flick (romance-comedy) or as I Call it just some silly story about a woman, heartwarming friendship and flirty romance with happy ending that make you feel good and turn in poodles of goo :)
here is my chicklit to read:
1. Alexandra Potter- Dont You Forget About Me
new year's wish gone awry, sounds fun
2. Jill Mansell- Mixed Doubles
Another chicklit about new year's resolutions
3. Melissa Hill - Something from Tiffany
two men bought a gift from Tiffany , but the brought back the wrong gift
4. Whitney Gaskell- She, Myself, and I
three sisters, divorce parent, underwear and hilarity ensues
5. Sarah Webb - The Shoestring Club
Four girls, one remarkable dress and an extraordinary friendship
6. Tracy Brogan - Crazy Little Thing
Love found you in unlikeliest place and time :D
7. Julie James - Love Irresistibly
On my to-buy list, expected publication on April 2nd
8. Melissa Senate - The Love Goddess' Cooking School
A romance and friendship with Italian dish, yummies!!!
9. Jennifer Crucie- Crazy For You
Who knows that adopting a stray dog can change your (boring) life?
10. Cecilia Ahern- Thanks for the memory
a memory of someone else? This sound like one of drama I watched years ago
11. Kristan Higgins- Just One of The Guys
Just like the title said, just one of the guys
Historical romance (just like chicklit, but in historical era setting)
1. Carolyn Jewel- Scandal
2. Mary Jo Putney - The Rake
3. Lisa Kleypas- Then Came You
4. Lisa Kleypas-Dreaming of You
5. Julie Anne Long- What I Did For a Duke
Hmm, I know that was quite a list.It would be plesant to read all those books though :)
I shouldn't restraint myself from buy new books ....
My mood: very cheerful
There are no comments on this post yet, be the first to leave one!
Previous PostsMy reading List for 2013, posted December 30th, 2012
21 days challenge, posted June 22nd, 2012
Intoduction, posted December 30th, 2011, 2 comments
BlogrollHere are some friends' blogs...
HelpEmbed Photos Embed Videos